Subject: RE: [Leica] A little international awareness...
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 07:22:07 +0200

On Monday, August 24, 1998 2:49 AM, Dan Cardish
[SMTP:dcardish@microtec.net] wrote:
> Someone asked what I meant by a "Pepsi Challenge", and I answered.  If it
> is still not clear, ask some more.  What is the big deal?  Is this going
> turn into another ridiculous clan/klan bandswidth waste?

Dan,
I was the one who enquired and was very satisfied by your answer. It is
good to share references between countries, and I am happy to have learned
what a Pepsi challenge is. It would be a pity to refuse such references and
to fold back into an international English short vocabulary deprived of any
wit just because everything is not immediately understandable to all. Up to
now, each question a non-American has asked in relation to such things has
received an immediate, complete and sometimes funny answer on the LUG. It
would be fun nevertheless if the various flavours of non-American natives
here took their revenge by introducing their own references.....

friendly regards
Alan
Brussels-Belgium