Subject: Re: [Leica] Parallax concerns
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:17:49 -0600

At 04:10 PM 24/08/98 +0100, you wrote:
>George Huczek wrote:
>
>Are you sure your rangefinder's not slightly out of whack, which would
>affect the parallax correction too?

I have not tested the rangefinder for accuracy.  Over the past year it has
been performing well, and focusing has been good.  The image in question
was in focus, but shifted slightly out of position.  Very puzzling.  (I did
take several pictures, some at farther distances, so at least I have
something else that I can use to make an acceptable print.)
   What would be a simple way of testing the rangefinder for accuracy?
Some LUG members have said that they lay out a measuring tape and focus on
certain points, taking a number of pictures and testing them that way at
different distances.  Would this be the way to go?

- -GH