Subject: Re: [Leica] Parallax concerns
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:29:15 -0700

George,

The longer the lens and the closer you focus the more difficult it is to
be accurate with the finder.  As you focus closer the focal length of
the lens is increasing and its angle of view becoming more narrow.
Framelines in the M finder do not compensate for the changing angle of
view so some error is introduced there. In addition it's possible for
the framelines to be off a few degrees to the right or left and cause
you to clip a bit more than you expected on an edge.

The M is really not designed for super tight framing so be sure to leave
a bit extra to crop off in the darkroom or a slide mount.

Hope this helps.

Dennis