Subject: Re: [Leica] newbie ( R vs. M )
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:52:06 EDT

Eric wrote:

<< If I were in your situation, if I wanted 28mm and 100mm, then I'd go with
 the R8 - SLR. If I wanted 35mm and 90mm, then it would be the M6 at this
 point. >>
Eric:

I think the determining factor when choosing the R or M would be:  a) do I
want to do macro photography, and b) do I want to use lenses greater than
135mm.  If you answer yes to just one of these, go R!

For a newbie or anyone else, a rangefinder is an acquired taste, you really
have to be willing to live within it's limits (which would be hard to do in
one lifetime, I might add).

Cheers,
Arturo