Subject: Re: [Leica] TA rapid winder : drawbacks ?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:14:10 -0400

>I have never tried the TA rapid winder because it is impossible to find it
>in my town, and even in my country (France).
>I see in my head 2 drawbacks that the Leica winder M has not. Firstly, it
>is impossible to correct the focus between 2 shots since the left hand is
>not free.

This may not be the problem it may seem to be. When I use mine the camera
rests in my left hand with the third and forth finder on the winder trigger
and the first and second on the focus ring of the lens. I may sound awkward
but feels very natural.

>Secondly, I wonder whether the rapid winder does not disturb the
>usual grip of the left hand with a unpleasant result :a shake which could
>alter the sharpness, especially with low speeds (1/30).
>I hope I'm wrong.

Again I don't think there is a problem here. (see above) If it does for
you, you can always revert to using the normal advance lever. The TA
Rapidwinder adds so little to the height of the camera that I find no
effect on handling (except that it is much faster).

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>