Subject: Re: [Leica] More questions re 1990 M6 body
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:03:37 -0400

My 1990(?) had a film counter problem as did some others from about the
same time but did not have the newer meter circuit you describe below until
the meter failed and had to be replaced. (also a known problem)

Cheers!

kw

>>you wrote: can anyone guess year of manufacture of M6 #1783035?
>>
>>hi alex,
>>it must be a black m6 from the year 1990 - according to a list on the
>>great hans pahlen site
>>http://www.komvux.skola.mark.se/hp635.htm
>>regards, thomas
>
>Thanks for that!
>Does anyone please know if there is any difference between a black M6 made
>in 1990 and a new one (apart from small differences in the writing and a
>time lapse of 8  years)?
>
>The 1990 one has lights that blink when the lenscap is on, I'm not sure if
>there's a slightly less certain feel to the meter although the range seems
>to be the same - any opinions?
>Did they change any of the internal workings in this time?
>
>Alex

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>