Subject: Re: [Leica] TA rapid winder : drawbacks ?
From: thomas boehm <toboehm@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:44:28 -0700 (PDT)

bonjour dominique,

you're half right, when you guess, that with the TA rapidwinder  it

> is impossible to correct the focus between 2 shots since the left
hand is not free...

the use of lenses without a focusing lever sustains this oppinion. i
try to escape from this problem (eg. with the 90 mm summicron) by
stroking the rapidwinder-lever only with the 4th and 5th finger, while
focusing with indication & middlefinger as usual. this is quite
tricky, admitteldly.
theres no problem for that point, when i need only the indication
finger for focusing, because there is a (thanks leica) focusing-fork
(right expression?) down on the lens like with the summicron 35.

you  continue:
> Secondly, I wonder whether the rapid winder does not disturb the
usual grip of the left hand with a unpleasant result :a shake which
could alter the sharpness, especially with low speeds (1/30).

theoretically more than right. probably reminding this, i change
instinctively to stroke the RW much more carefull, when i'm in low
light-situations. seems to work.

i'm pleased with the use of the rapidwinder. it is a special item with
special attributes. you can like them or not. this accesory is also
funny, but not a religion :-)

salu, thomas

==
thomas böhm