Subject: Re: [Leica] newbie
From: "Becker" <bss@uol.com.br>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:46:39 -0300

> If you do lots of portraiture, I think an SLR is a better choice. Why?
> Because you see the exact relationships between near and far things. You
> see what kinds of things are sticking out from what appears their ear.
You
> see a white spot that sort of seems to come out of their jaw. Whatever.
> With a rangefinder, the guessing in this is a lot more difficult. With an
> SLR you see exact near/far relationships.

	Yep! I think you are right. But now, looking back, I can see that what
made my undecision, was the focus issues. What attracted me in the M model
(besides its design), is the split image viewfinder. How easy is to focus
on a R model? I mean, does the camera has some practical viewfinder or
interchangeable one?

> This is for carefully composed portraits. For snapshot quality portraits,
> and fast moving subjects, often the rangefinder is the better choice.

	Which makes the M model very suitable for documentary. Am I right?

> Have fun making your choice! (Like I said, you can't really go wrong).

	Fun??? I'm desperate.  Boo-Hooo.....    :)