Subject: Re: [Leica] newbie
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:24:07 EDT

Becker:

Resolved!  Whether you know it or not, I see both M & R models in your future!

Many of us had to make the same decision when first acquiring Leicas.  I
started with M because I had always wanted one, especially after the M6 was
released (light meter was a must for me).  After buying the new 90f2.0 APO
later this year, my M system will be complete and I will then move towards
building an R system.

Since the equipment is on the expensive side (at least for me), I have
acquired each piece much more slowly than if I had bought into Nikon or other
brands.  This really forces you to "thoroughly use" each lens before moving on
to the next, eg., I shot with only a 50f2.0 for the first two years of owning
the M6---it really forced me to "see" and exhaust the possiblities of a
standard lens!  Hopefully this has made me a better photographer, which really
is the prime objective.

Good luck,
Arturo