Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL
From: Charles <chaslor@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 98 10:41:27 -0400

>Only amateurs have the luxury to not worry about TTL fill flash.
>- --
>Donal Philby
>San Diego
>http://www.donalphilby.com

This is absolutely false. I'm a working professional photographer that
NEVER uses TTL fill flash professionally. I use strobes a TON. Never on
camera, never in an automated mode. Polaroids, light meters, experience,
and time insure the strobes are balanced well. I have never worried or
even given a shit about on camera flashes at all, ever. Now, I'm not a
press or event shooter, that would be different. But to say all pros use
or care about fill flash is a misconception. Sorry to differ with you
Donal. That being said, I still think it could be a usefull feature.

Respectfully,
charles