Subject: Re: [Leica] What do I have precisely?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 11:09:10 -0400

The part to which the prism is attached is a Viso II. These were available
in LTM and M bay. The 16466M/OUBIO is an adapter that is as long as the
difference in length between the Viso I and Viso II allowing use of lenses
designed for the Viso I on the Viso II (or III.) The small lever onthe Viso
is to reset the mirror which does not auto-return. The longer lever swings
down to 1mm above the shutter button on the camera. The top of the lever is
pressed raising the mirror and firing the shutter.

Cheers!

kw

>Here is a brief description of visoflex equipment that I have but I don't
>really know what it is. Any help would be appreciated:
>
>A Leitz Canada Telyt 1:4 200 mm lens (1851306) attached to a Ernnst Leitz
>Wetzlar adapter 16466M with a tripod shoe on bottom. This adapter is
>attached to another adopter that has a silver cap on the back, another trip
>shoe slightly under and behind the other shoe of the first adapter. A Lever
>on the right side and a small silver button with a white arrow pointing
>back grace the right side of this unit. Attached at the top is a reflex or
>prism housing with a plus symbol near the eyepiece. Leitz Wetzlar is on the
>front of the unit below the prism unit.
>
>What exactly is this?
>(I believe it to be a Visoflex II but don't know enough to be sure exactly
>all of what I have here)
>
>Steve

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>