Subject: Re: [Leica] First lens for a new M6 user?
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 20:30:04 -0700

Steve,
You are talking about two of the best lenses ever made, so a wrong choice is
unlikely. I have a 50mm f2.0, but I want a 35mm f2.0 also. I don't see the
point of getting a faster lens for a "street camera," which I assume implies
working outside in daylight. Save the money, save the weight, have a smaller
camera. Spend the substantial savings on a good apo enlarger lens, or a fine
projection lens, depending on what kind of film you shoot. I was
disappointed in my Leica pictures until I got a really good enlarging lens.
Wow.
Happy shooting.
Joe Stephenson