Subject: Re: [Leica] First lens for a new M6 user?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 07:19:24 +0200

Steve,

Go with the 35/2. That was the lens I bought when I got my M6, and I have not
been disappointed (mine is 1970s vintage). It is a more usable focal length
than 50mm for street shooting (for some examples, see my web site).

But perhaps it really does not matter what you buy to start...because within
months you will be buying other lenses anyway! Based on personal experience, I
can tell you that the Leica M system is addictive.

Enjoy!

Nathan

Steve Maller wrote:

> I'm going to get a brand new M6 this weekend (g*d bless my indulgent wife)
> and I'm troubled over the choice of a first lens.
>
> My first inclination is the 35/2 because I'm looking to do "street"-type
> photographs and that seems to be the length of choice for this genre.
>
> However, there are those that say the 35/1.4 is better for this
> application. Right now in the US, the difference in price is about $1,100,
> and it's hard to imagine that I'd be well -served, as I could get a 50/2
> new for less than that.
>
> Comments? Thanks!!!
> Steve Maller
> Burlingame, California