Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 or M6HM for Noctilux
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 07:21:39 +0200

Ben,

The M3 has even higher effective rangefinder base than the M6HM, so in
principle focusing should be even more accurate. As others have pointed
out, wide angle lenses will be more of a challenge on an M3, and also the
spare parts availability may become a problem soon. I have an M6 and M3,
and the M3 is superb with the longer lenses, even 135mm.

Nathan

bentua wrote:

> I'm thinking of getting either an M3 or an M6HM to use for my Noctilux.
> Aside from the meter of the M6HM and the lower price of the M3, are
> there any practical differences between the two?  If I could afford the
> M6HM, is there a reason to still prefer the M3?
>
> Thanks.
> Ben

- --
Nathan Wajsman