Subject: [Leica] re:(leica) plastic or metal tank
From: omegaman <omegaman@shentel.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 21:49:10 -0700

Stephen Korbin asked the subject question.
Stephen,
I started using Patterson plastic tanks with their nylon reels around
1970.  I am still using the original tanks and reels from 1970.  I
confess that, in spite of numerous attempts, I have never successfully
loaded film on a steel reel.  I have had only one breakage - one of the
center tubes developed a crack but I am still using it OK.
Randolph Carlisle