Subject: [Leica] PX 625 Hg Batteries available
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 00:44:30 EDT

 Every camera show that I have recently attended in So. Calif.
 has had someone openly sellong the 625 mercury batteries
 for between $3.00 & $6.00 apiece.  The 2 that I have here in
 front of me, were both made by Matushita in Japan but the
 Panasonic label reads in French & the other is National, LTD.

 I was told that they are not illegal to sell in the U.S. - but cannot
 legally manufactured or disposed of in the States, so you must
 wrap your dead Hg batteries in tin foil & send them to Iraq where
 they are used for "prayer beads".

 Mary Grace