Subject: [Leica] Re: Antw: Re Question on Leica slide projector
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 15:57:28 +0200

Hi Pascal,

I realise now that I had simply misunderstood Pieter Krigee when I discus=
sed
projector choice with him. He has since sent me a longer e-mail, which I =
posted on
the LUG a few days ago, with a fuller explanation of the differences amon=
g the
various projectors.

I ended up with the 600 and the Colorplan 2.5/90 CF, and I am extremely p=
leased
with the performance of the setup.

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> >According to a Leica dealer in Amsterdam, where I recently bought my P=
radovit
> >P600, the P150 is Leica's "consumer grade" projector and does not acce=
pt the
> >better lenses such as the Colorplan 2.5/90.
>
> Your dealer is in error, Nathan. The P150 is a fine projector. Although=
 not
> as robust as the other -and far more expensive- projectors, it is a fin=
> performer. It came out as a top buy in both Chasseur d'Images and Photo
> R=E9ponses. You can mount the Colorplan-P2 90/2.5, Colorplan-P2 90/2.5 =
CF or
> Super-Colorplan-P2 90/2.5 without problem. As a matter of fact, I am us=
ing
> the P150 (that came with the Hektor-P2 85/2.8) with the Colorpolan-P2 9=
0/2.5
> CF (because my slides are not glass-mounted) and this combination works
> fine!
>
> However, if you are willing to spend the additional money for a more ro=
bust
> projector, go for the P300
> or even P600.
>
> Pascal

> Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
> PowerPC G3... listen carefully and you can hear the sound of Pentium ch=
ips
> being eaten for breakfast
> Sent on a Macintosh PowerBook G3, the fastest laptop on the planet
> <<< PGP public key available on request >>>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

Photography page:  http://members.tripod.com/~belgiangator/index.html