Subject: [Leica] Film Tank
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 06:35:52 -0700

Could someone please give>me some advise regarding a Stainless Nikor Film
Processing Tank.
Underneath the tank is written 'Tank,
>Processing, 4 by 5 Film, Spec. No. 75-272, Property, U. S. A. F.'
>Is it possible to use this tank for my Leica films?
>
>Any ideas about the tank itself?

Gary,

This is a SS Nikkor tank that is designed  for processing 12 sheets of sheet
film at a time. It can be adjusted and used for 4x5, or smaller sheet film
sizes but it is not designed to be used for roll film. (35mm, 120 etc.) Your
best bet would be to find someone who needs it and work out a trade for a 35
mm tank and reels. Good Luck.
Cheers,
David Medley

This is almost accurate..... Nikor  made 120, 220 and 35MM roll film reels
that were extra wide..... that would fit in the 4x5 tank noted above.  Hard
to find, but still available used.  They were really designed to use with
the tank for the 220 film reels, but the 220 tank and the 4x5 tank are the
same diameter.
Gary is right, trade it for the 35MM 2 high Tank with 2 reels.

BTW, your 4x5 tank is very desirable in the US.... Sell for more than
$50.... While a "normal" 35MM tank and reel would sell used for about $15.

Frank Filippone