Subject: [Leica] m3/m6 wide angle advise
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 01:20:57 EDT

I currently use an M6 with an M3 in reserve but rarely used.   My wide angle
is an old Summaron 35mm with specs but I now want to replace this with a 28mm
more suitable for the M6.

Will I be able to use the new lens on the M3 with the turret viewfinder that I
have (Russian but inc. 28mm) and if I do how will I focus?   Will it give me
the 50mm broghtline through the camera viewfinder and will I use the normal
split image (50mm) to focus?   Or should I hang on to the Summaron and buy the
new lens without trading in the old?   Remember that I now rarely use the M3.

Thanks,

Gerry