Subject: Re: [Leica] m3/m6 wide angle advise
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 07:01:55 -0400 (EDT)

Your turret finder will work if it has 28mm lines, but you will probably
like the Leica 28 BL finder much better. You focus normally, then compose
through the aux. viewfinder. I use this method with my M3 and M2 and M4.

Cheers!

kw

>I currently use an M6 with an M3 in reserve but rarely used.   My wide angle
>is an old Summaron 35mm with specs but I now want to replace this with a 28mm
>more suitable for the M6.
>
>Will I be able to use the new lens on the M3 with the turret viewfinder that I
>have (Russian but inc. 28mm) and if I do how will I focus?   Will it give me
>the 50mm broghtline through the camera viewfinder and will I use the normal
>split image (50mm) to focus?   Or should I hang on to the Summaron and buy the
>new lens without trading in the old?   Remember that I now rarely use the M3.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gerry

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                        <kwilcox@gfn.org>