Subject: [Leica] New or used M6?
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 07:56:16 -0400

On  Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Tommy Olsson wrote:

>Dear list members,

>My name is Tommy Olsson and I have been lurking on the list for a while,=

>trying to learn as much as possible about the Leica M. Now I wonder if a=

>used M6 in good condition is a good buy or is it better to wait, save so=
me
>more money and get a new one? I will probably have to wait quite some ti=
me
>anyway as I can't afford either a new or used M6 right now. Dreaming is
>free though... :-)

>Cheers
>Tommy

>biologist and freelance science writer

Tommy,

Without meaning any disrespect, I'm curious why a biologist would be
considering an M instead of an SLR.  The M has its advantages but aside
from portability I wouldn't think they would be all that useful to a
biologist -

Aside from this, IMHO a used camera, particularly a Leica, can be a good
buy as long as it's in good condition.

Doug Herr
zoologist and 19-year R-user