Subject: [Leica] RE: removing v/f specs
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:30:00 +0000

It was written:
>If you have the Summaron 35/3.5 you can probably
>easily remove the specs and use the lens without specs on the M6.  If
>it's the Summaron 35/2.8 removing the specs requires surgery, I think,
>but even with specs the lens will mount and focus on your M6.  Don't
>know what framlines will appear, and there may be viewfinder
>magnification wierdness,

It should be noted that taking off the specs or goggles from an M3 35mm
lens is not the thing to do.
The 35mm frame will not be activated (the 50mm one will be) but most
importantly the focusing will not be right. This is easy to see, set an
image in focus, remove the specs/goggles and note that the coincident r/f
image is no longer coincident. The lenses do more than merely magnify the
field frame.

Jem
(who once bought a 35mm lens without any goggles attached and wondered
why it wouldn't focus...)