Subject: Re: [Leica] Content-Type: text/plain
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:13:36 -0400 (EDT)

> is dropped?  And I'm also wondering if anyone has experience with, or
> has seen, the soft version (for lenses up to 50/2.8).  Does it also have
> this thing on the bottom?

I don't know if this is the model to which you are referring, but I
have one described as a "Soft Leather Case M with wrist strap", model
number 14522.  It's a top-loading black case with a zipper around the
opening.  It's designed such that you remove the camera completely
from the case in order to shoot, and the case stays attached to your
belt.  The case manual states that the M body (assuming an M6 here)
fits in the case with the Elmar-M 50/2.8 lens.  I don't have that
lens, but the Summicron-M 35/2 (latest non-ASPH) fits as well, without
the hood attached.

You can thread the case onto your belt using the slot in back of the
case.  Overall, the case is a very low profile, nice looking design.
I wouldn't describe it as "ever ready" -- but it's a nice, low profile
way to carry the M6 with the compact 35/2 or Elmar 50/2.8.

Andrew