Subject: Re: [Leica] London and Paris
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:13:21 -0400

Bill,

Sorry to respond to you so late, but I've been away a few days.  A couple of
things I very much enjoyed seeing in Paris:  One is the Bagatelle Gardens.
This is a small park and rose garden within walking distance of the Bois de
Boulogne.  You won't see it in many tour guides but it' beautiful and I
recall having seen roses there in September.   Take the M1 metro line in the
direction of La Defense or Les Sablon (I forget which), then get off and
walk approximately South down Avenue de Madrid, which becomes Boulevard du
Commandant Charcot.  Turn right on Avenue de Bretteville.

Paris has many exquisite cathedrals, but my favorite is really outside
Paris, in Saint Denis.  It was one of the first great Gothic cathedrals and
in my opinion is more beautiful than Notre Dame. St. Denis-Basilique is
approximately North of the city (reachable via Rer) and in an interesting
Arabic neighborhood with some good restaurants.  There also some interesting
ancient but smaller churches in the area of St. Germain as well as some good
Greek restaurants.

Enjoy!

Bruce S.