Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas at Games. :(
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 06:40:18 PDT

Eric wrote:

<<<the track waiting for a photographer to do his thing I ran up next to
him to make pictures. Looked over and saw him shooting with a Leica R.
Surprise!

We're everywhere...just few and far between...>>>>>>>>>

Hi Eric,

well the R8/35-70 and winder I had for the opening is now somewhere in
the hands of a person who probably has no idea what the hell they have
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It disappeared to-day in just a few minutes. I had put it down and
turned away to make some notes for the photo position at aquatics
seating for this evenings finals  and not thinking I walked over to
another bench and walked back and it was gone!!!!!!!!

My own dumb fault, but was distracted due to some officials and they're
damn stupidity for a moment. Gone! Damn I don't know whether to cry or
try and kick my own ass for being so damn careless and stupid.

Sure a hell of a hard way to learn a lesson after all these years of
carting gear about the world. One might say it kind of takes the edge
off the profit of 6 weeks work!

Oh well if I'm meant to get it back I'll get it back, if I'm not, I
wont! That's life!

However there are 450 photographers keeping an eye for it, so who

ted

ted