Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 01:43:44 +0900

B. D.,

Just posted something through on this.  The black lens is 310g, but
the chrome/titanium lens is 415g.  Is 560g for the black or chrome M6
body?  Is a chrome body heavier than black?  Have we beaten this to
death yet?

You are right, the 35 Asph Summilux is much closer to the weight of
the body than I reckoned, especially if you've got the chrome lens.
You are also right that it is an outstanding lens.

I wish I could have been at the Boston Folk Festival hearing Tom
Paxton and pals....

Best Regards,

PB

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998 11:45:26 -0400, "B. D. Colen"
<bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Paul - I found my instruction manual - the M6 weighs in at 560 grams - =
and
>the lens is around 450, right?....damn close. I'm not trying to scare =
anyone
>off...I love the 6 with the 35 ASPH...I had a great time with it =
yesterday
>at the Boston Folk Festival - should have heard Tom Paxton sing about =
Linda
>Tripp, the Friend From Hell!. Anyway, it's a great lens...but by Leica M
>standards - and I know there are exceptions - it's a pig in terms of =
size.
>Compare it to the Pre-Asph 35 Summicron and Summilux, the 50 summicrons,=
 the
>90 elmars and elmarits...the older 21s....

Paul C. Brodek/Kobe, Japan
E-Mail: pcb@iac.co.jp
Tel/Fax: 078-857-3747
Tel/Fax (Int'l): 81-78-857-3747