Subject: Re: [Leica] [Q] "transfer" of warranty?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:59:54 -0500

At 12:35 PM 9/13/98 -0700, you wrote:

>If I buy an M6 and pay for the passport warranty, then lend it to a
>friend, who breaks it, Leica will still honor the warranty, right?  This
>situation is the same as what I am suggesting, where, in exchange for
>some payment, I loan the camera until the end of the warranty period,
>and give it after that.

The first example is fine, you still own the camera. The idea of loaning it
to the end of the warranty period would constitute fraud, no? I don't mean
to be critical. I have contemplated this very thing more than once. But it
always comes down to this, for me, is it honest with Leica, a company we
all supposedly care about?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a
child.

Ron Wild