Subject: Re: [Leica] The anti-R conspiracy (was: CdI Web site)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:43:25 -0500

At 10:44 AM 9/13/98 +0200, you wrote:

>You are toooo much. Thanks to you, now I understand better what is going
>on: the Holy Name of R by L is victim of a conspiracy of people on a
>budget who are jealous of the wealthy guys who are able to buy L lenses.

Alan,

I'm not saying everyone who doesn't think Leica is worth it is jealous, or
not wealthy. Heck, I'm hardly wealthy. My income is right smack in the
middle. (Though not bad for a single guy).

What I'm saying is that a blanket statement that R lenses are just not
worth it is bunk. It IS worth it to many of us. We do find the pictures the
lenses produce every bit as good as the M lenses -- the main point in that
message -- and that the price is high for a very good reason. To make them
any better than the competition costs a whole lot of money for a company
that doesn't make very many compared to the competition.

I think it will be interesting to see how C... brand 35mm 1.4 Aspheric will
compare to the Leica. But I don't expect it to make me sell my M6. It won't
be the same. And that's okay.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO