Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite lenses!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 01:25:12 -0400

Doug-
Now that's the kind of post I like to hear (read?) and I think it's more
meaningful. I too like the 90 Summicron; I got one a couple of years ago,
used it on the SL until I had a third cam added for the R4 and R7. It is a
superb portrait lens. And the Extra speed has made me leave the 135 Elmarit
in the bag on occasion.
Your expounding on the 400/6.8 Telyt made me wistfully regret selling mine
so I could get a 28 Elmarit...It was a dilemma, but since I had a 500mm
Celestron mirror lens, I sadly sold out the Leitz!  :(
My other fave is the 180 Elmarit I got recently- it is the old heavy one,
but that is the lens that got me hooked on Leica 23 years ago, before I ever
had one! A friend of mine taught me to do weddings, and we both used Hassys,
but for candids, he had an old SL with the 180- I was amazed at the color,
and sharpness and the fact that he could make an 8x10 that rivaled the
Hasselblad. Later, I sold the Hassys equipment and tried an M-3, then an SL
( Which I still have!) and have not regretted it at all. I tend to shoot
people pictures... The only wild life I get to photograph are the grandkids
when they come over!
Thanks for your sharing!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com