Subject: Re: [Leica] Protecting Yor Leica
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:12:44 EDT

Norm Aubin wrote:

"When I carry my Leica, I carry my gun.  Even when I don't carry my Leica I
carry my gun."
- ------------------------------------
Norm:
When I carry my Leica, it represents a $3,000 to $5,000 investment (dpending
on lens attached).  If a theif ripped it out of my hands ran off with it (and
if I had a gun and shot the theif), I would spend far more than $3,000 to
$5,000 defending myself in court against the theif or the theif's heirs
(whether I killed him or not).  Living in a major US city, you can't always
assume justice will prevail.

If my life was threatened, that is another story entirely.  But if is just a
"snatch & grab," perhaps a good insurance policy and staying out of the high
crime areas with your Leica is best.

Just my opinion.
Arturo