Subject: [Leica] Re:Untitled Magazine #7
From: "Paul R. Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:15:27 -0400

BDColen wrote:
<<Great! Something to debate other than equipment. :-)x
I visited the site and looked at the NY photos and while I applaud the
attempt, I have to say I...>>

Read those comments, went back to Untitled, looked again at the NYC
images, just couldn't connect the criticism with the work.
Most puzzling...

Photo essayists attempt to depict a sense of being there.
While some of the images were ineffective, most were good.
I certainly got a feeling of observing the event, as stilted as the
point of view evidently was.

also:
While one comment Colen made was; "Most of the photos are meaningless
without their captions, which is to say they are meaningless as
photos.",  it is probably accurate to surmise anything would be lost on
the writer.

A photo is worth a thousand words-  isn't that the saying??