Subject: [Leica] RE: Untitled #7 (no Leica content)
From: "Paul R. Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:25:51 -0400

Must have forgotten my place/the place.
This is a CAMERA forum, not a PHOTO forum.

Big difference.
Here we talk about the instrument and allude to the by-product.

But, when someone (please note, NO attribution) says they need a caption
to understand a photograph-  well, it just stands to reason something
must get lost in translation. Or missed altogether.

* * * * * * * * * *

As for 'personal attacks'; you must realize when you post a message in a
newsgroup your NAME appears in the "from" section of the header.
When someone else chooses to comment or further the thread, they may
refer to your NAME in the process - or respond directly to you in the
newsgroup.
That does NOT make it =93personal=94.

An "attack", by my handy Websters, is defined as thus;  transitive verb.
1.To set upon with violent force; begin hostilities against or conflict
with.  2.To bombard with hostile criticism. or, noun, 1.The act of
attacking; assault.

This is a newsgroup, an open forum for discussion.  If a comment is
contrary it doesn't mean it is an 'attack'. Because someone doesn=92t
agree with a stated position doesn=92t make it hostile.  Although there=92=
no cute symbology for it, some of what is offered is tongue in cheek :+&

Lighten up will ya?