Subject: Re: [Leica] 80 Summilux/100 APO
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:06:38 -0500

At 04:41 PM 9/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>At 08:50 AM 15/09/98 +0100, you wrote:
>>I bought the 100 APO because it is simply the sharpest macro lens on the
>market.  Using a macro lens opens up vistas for many of us who forget to
>see the details that bring us joy.  The 100 APO brings this other world to
>us like no other lens.
>>
>Being corrected for macro work, how is it at infinity?

It's superb. That's part of the reason it's focal length changes, according
to the press release Leica put out when they introduced this lens. It
shortens its focal length as you focus closer, to keep image quality high.
At least, that's what Leica said. But that's beside the point, I've used
this lens, and it's also great at infinity. It's one of the things that
makes it so special.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.