Subject: Re: [Leica] NEW LIST MEMBER
From: budcook@ibm.net
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:28:42 -0500

John,
I can't address the questions about the R bodies but I've owned a 180 mm
Elmar-R since 1977.  It was recommended to me by a Leica dealer in Nuremberg
when I lived in Germany and I've been very happy with it.   It's lighter and
smaller than the f/2.8's and yet I consider the optics to be outstanding.
It's a great *travel* lens.
Bud