Subject: Re: [Leica] COMPLETE Serial Numbers, Please!
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 21:27:27 -0700

Michael Leitheiser wrote:

<more snipping> no reason for an owner to NOT
> post the entire number unless perhaps the owner is unsure of the provenance
> and doesn't want to chance losing a good deal to the rightful owner....
> Mike Leitheiser

I agree.  Also, with regard to the post of having to 'mount a defense'
in case a claim of theft was made for the camera, all I can say is "send
me a copy of the police report"  and let the creep sweat what might
happen if they file a false police report.  What they use for the "when"
and "where" might be interesting in light of the real facts about the
provenance of the camera in question.  Again, this concept of not
posting a serial number just doesn't hold water, unless its "really"
stolen.

"When was it stolen?, Last year! why did you wait so long to file a
report?"

how does that saying go? "There are many lies, but only one truth"

Dennis