Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome print help
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:57:26 -0700

> From: Joe Stephenson

> quality of a transparancy  because it can never have the same contrast
range
> and brilinace of a properly exposed transparancy. In fact, color prints
from
> slides are often a disapointment. If you want prints, use negative film.
> Joe Stephenson

I have yet to see a color print from negatives match the luminous quality
of an Ilfochrome/Cibachrome print. A sharp, perfectly exposed Leica
transparency enlarged onto Ilfochrome "Deluxe" paper gives a special
feeling where you can almost walk into the print. I'm not saying that you
can't get beautiful results from color negative, too. But a well done
Cibachrome seems to capture all that a Leica can give you, especially that
esoteric "glow".

Of course, like Tina said, you will probably only get that quality if you
take the time to do it yourself.

Gary Todoroff