Subject: [Leica] Re:W-Nikkor, Summitar, Summar, etc
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:37:04 -0700

Since old lenses on Leicas are in vogue at the moment, I just received
slides (Velvia) that I shot at the end of a roll to finally test my
thread-mount, W-Nikkor 3.5cm/f3.5 (#442927). The infinity lock gets in the
way at extreme ends of focus using a bayonet adaptor on the M6, but
metering worked fine and the color, contrast and sharpness looked
excellent.

The W-Nikkor is really tiny and sure looks compact on a black III,
especially with its black f-stop ring. I don't know much about the lens,
but mine is in mint condition, coated, and sure takes "Leica-like" images.
Anyone have anything to add about this fine old Leica competitor lens?

Regards,
Gary Todoroff