Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 DR Cron
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:56:19 +0200

>I use the 50 DR a lot on an M6, have an IROOA hood on it.  Tend to use i=
>in "aperture prefered" mode ie., use shutter speed to dial as primary
>control for exposure.  However, sometimes this is not practical.  With t=
he
>aperture ring at the front of the barrel and with the minimal clearance
>between ring and hood and the thinness of the ring, using the aperture r=
ing
>is a bit awkward and slow...have tried a rubber band around aperture rin=
>but can't seem to find ideal combination of diameter and width(for rubbe=
>band).  Anyone have any tried and true solutions derived from experience=
?
>Was shooting at some MTB races today, light conditions (and weather) wer=
>extremely variable.....relative slowness of DR aperture control was
>frustrating.
>Mike Leitheiser
>
>"When the trout are lost, smash the state."
>                                   Tom McGuane

I had the same problem with my 50 DR without the shade and, finally, I so=
ld
it. There is no solution except a very rare ring n=B0 16686 called VTROO.
The 50 DR has been designed when the Leica M had no TTL. In that time I
suppose that users chose an aperture before aiming in the VF.

Dominique Pellissier