Subject: [Leica] Powering the Metz 40-MZ3
From: "John McLeod" <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:26:15 +0000

LUGgers,

I am considering the purchase of a Metz 40MZ-3i flash for use with an R8.
Most of what I have heard from you about this unit has been pretty positive
but I welcome additional comments.  I could power this unit with Metz's P40
nicad pack or I could go with a Quantum 1+ battery.  My experience to-date
with nicads has been poor, whereas I also had good luck with the Quantum
Turbo (which I can't use with the 40MZ-3i).  Some say I should avoid the
Quantums.  Suggestions?

John McLeod