Subject: [Leica] New 35-70 f2.8 Vario Elmar R with $3,300 list
From: "Greg Bicket" <GBicket@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:16:23 -0600

Well, with the size, the weight, and the price of the new one, my little old
[new] f4 of the otherwise same nomenclature looks pretty darn good, even if
there are some optical differences.

Got that ASPHeric element.
Got that close focusing capacity.
The new one not only lacks my
super-duper-rotating-front-element-don't-forget-to-check-that-polarizer
feature, but does have a price about 300% of mine, and mine says Leica on
it, too!!!

Besides, I can carry mine in my pocket.  Try that with the new one.