Subject: [Leica] V35 disappearance
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:15:19 +1200

>Anyone got the low-down on why the V35 disappeared?

>Could it be that it's updated, and they wanted to clear stock out before
>replacing it? (I know, the clearing out thought is probably getting old -
>from me anyway).

>Imagine if they come up with some modernistic AF system? Yeah, right.

Nah, they didn't think it was worth their while, cause you're using a lot
less film without the motor-drive :-)

Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of youthful
dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the passive
conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                _The Uses of Disorder: Personal Identity and City Life_
                                            -- Richard Sennett

Gary Elshaw,Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand

http://members.tripod.com/~elshaw/index.html