Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo-Telyt Module-System ?
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:10:24 +0200

Alan,

It's explained at:

<http://www.leica-camera.com/r_system/rapo_e.htm>

I only hear about 1  APO-TELYT-MODUL-SYSTEM f/2.8/280 mm
(The Lens Head 280/400/560 combined with FOCUS MODULE
2.8/280/400 forms the APO-TELYT f/2.8/280 mm.)
sold in Belgium.

It was more or less : 311.000 BF

Alan Ball wrote:

> In one of my now usual and tiring confrontations with the most prolific
> of the contributors to this list, I was refering to (and enquiring
> about) the Leica R pricing in the 300mm range. I was convinced that the
> Apo-Telyt 280mm with no further precision is currently a reference to a
> f4 lens. The enthusiastic gentleman  replied as usual that I should keep
> my trap shut because I have no knowledge of the R-system (he was more
> polite than that, but that's the constant message).
>
> So, I enquired further than the Wurzburger Fotoversand which did not
> list any f2.8 Leica long tele (http://www.wfv.de/ ), but cannot find any
> on-line reseller listing these items.
>
> So, you knowledgable luggers, how is the Module-System referenced at the
> reseller side ? Is there CURRENTLY such a thing as a Leica Apo-Telyt
> 280mm f2.8 referenced and priced as such?
>
> Secondary question: is there any human being on this list currently
> using that Module-System?
>
> Thanks for helping me overcome my infamous ignorance and prejudice
> regarding holy R-matters....
>
> Friendly regards
> Alan

- --
Lucien van Dievoet, Director, United Business Institutes
e-mail:  director@ubi.edu     UBI Web site:  http://www.ubi.edu
Mail:  UBI - Avenue Marnix, 20 - 1000  Brussels - Belgium
Tel:  +32-(0)2-548 04 80 - Fax:  +32-(0)2-548 04 89