Subject: RE: [Leica] Questions: IIIf in everyday use
From: "kumagai" <kumagai@po.cnet-ma.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:45:10 +0900

Andrew,

I use my Leica IIIf as my main gear. (Yes, I am in sane.:-P) My favorite
configuration
is Summicron 1:2 5cm(collapsible, of course) with Voigtlaender Kontur.(no
comments)
I also use Steinheil Cluminar 1:2.8 8.5cm.

>SHUTTER/APERTURE SCALES:

As long as you stick with B&W or Color negs, closest approximation does it
if you are
not a picky person.

>USE WITH 35MM FOCAL LENGTH:

I don't know as much as other LUGs since I am in a budgeting phase(LOL). I
will go for
Summaron 1:3.5 since I do available light with my 5cm.

Summaron 1:3.5 3.5cm is told to be an excelent lens. Elmar 1:3.5 3.5cm is an
another
choice but not as sharp. - Both of them are small. However, since you are a
available
light person,  1:2.8 one would be a better choice. If you are "very" rich,
go for
Summicron 1:2 3.5cm. I would be too scared to use it. :-P

Finders? I have been told that the Leitz 3.5cm finder is good, but it costs
you good too.
I am planning to use VIOOH and wait till I can afford it.

>M LENSES ON IIIF BODY

It won't work with 35mm. If there exists such couplers, I would not
recommend them
either due to extra optics degrading the lens quality.

But with 90mm and up with removeable heads, you should be able to try with
VISO II.
I imagine some rings are rare to find, though.

Tom K.