Subject: Re: [Leica] 3-cam and leicaflex SL
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:06:54 +0200

At 10:33 23/09/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes,
>These great cameras will work with either a 2 or 3 cam lens.
>Bud

Bud, I totally agree with you. I never could make it with the Rs! I've used
a R3 that was very crappy and barely never working. I've also used an R4
which was always making the christmas' tree, because of the leds that were
always flickering...but it was a pretty camera at least. I've had a R5 which
broke a couple of times because of the film advance lever that blocked and
unblocked and blocked again...the same with a R7 which also encountered this
"minolta problem"...(I say that because I use to fix minoltas Xsomething
that were blocked). And finally I tried the R6 and had problem with the DOF
preview lever that was blocked on close position...
I never was lucky with the Rs...
For me, the leicaflexes (SL and SL2) are much better cameras, heavy as hell
but so well built and reliable.
By the way, could you explain to me the history of the cams that appeared on
the R lenses? It's always fuzzy in my mind!
Thanks
Thib.