Subject: [Leica] small camera
From: "Douglas McLernon" <Douglas.McLernon@tcd.ie>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 11:05:04 +0100

Darrell,
I say your request about a small camera in the LUG. I have been telling
everyone for years,who would listen, that the Contax T2 was better than
anything else around (Minilux included). After the last two weeks I'm not so
sure. I've been in Italy with a new Ricoh GR1 and my M series Leicas. My
dealer here in Dublin showed me the Ricoh and suggested I try it ( a demo to
see if I like it). The results are outstanding. The lens ,a 28mm f/2.8, is
available in LTM in Japan and has been commented upon on the Leica list.
The camera with program mode and full f/ stops, fits (REALLY fits) in a
pocket. A short review of this camera is in this month's Photo Techniques
 I think it is one of the UK photo monthlies) Hope this helps
Doug