Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica day
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 12:21:12 -0400

I wonder what Leica's opinion would be as to the meaning of the term
"classic lens".  I suspect that with all of the R&D they are putting into
lens research along with all of the new lenses they have introduced in the
last few years,  they must think it crazy that people would be clamouring
after lenses "from the good old days".   I think this would have been a
very good subject to have brought up with them at the Photokina meeting.
Do they recoginize that some people feel there are qualities in older Leica
lenses absent from the newer ones?  And how would they respond to this
assertion?  There was some huffing and puffing a few days ago concerning
the inappropriatness about such a question being asked at the meeting.  But
what better place to ask it?  Get it right from the horses mouth.

Dan C.