Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Breakfast
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 11:55:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Martin V. Howard wrote:

> Bill Erfurth wrote:
> >
> > A Leica consist of cold meats, cheeses, yogurt, hard rolls and
> > assorted breads, soft boiled eggs you eat out of the shell and juice.
> > Everything is fresh.  No additives...no preservatives.
> >

> I live in Sweden:  We even get red dots on our fresh eggs.  No kidding.
>
> It's a mark of quality ;)
>
> M.
>
> --
> Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
> Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
> SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
> Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho

My mother taught me that the red dot was a blood spot--not quality.
This reminds me of the Salmon story.
Years ago a fish company discovered that consumers were used to eating
only pink salmon. They had canned white salmon (or nearly white).
Nobody would buy the product, until the ad agancy became involved.

They advertised that this salmon was the only salmon guaranteed
not to turn pink in the can.

Have a nice day.  Ed