Subject: [Leica] Unexpected Generosities
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 20:44:19 -0400

A number of years back, I ran across some German camera gear at a yard
sale.  A slaveringly greedy conversation later, I learned that this was the
property of the seller's dead pa-in-law, who had worked for a half-century
at a local camera store.  A friend and I cleaned 'em out, a $2,000 lot
where the initial investment was recouped by wire the next day and, by the
time the dust settled, my friend and I had a nice bit of profit and a nice
addition to our own collections (mine being, inter alia, lots of Prontor
cable releases, a 4/90 collapsible Elmar, and a well-worn PJ's Super Ikonta
B), while the sellers had ready cash and were quite pleased by the deal.

Today, the son dropped off, unbidden and as a gift, a middlin' sized box of
other goodies, including a new-in-box Minox developing tank, a box of Leica
goodies including a Summicron barndoor hood, an MR meter, a bunch of lens
hoods and caps, an early Rollei plate adapter in box, and the leather case
for a Zeiss monocular attachment, along with some more pedestrian stuff
such as a Koni-Omega cable release.

I was touched, and honoured.  I hope they look through those odd boxes in
the attic again!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!