Subject: [Leica] Archival Further
From: "Paul R. Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 08:36:25 -0400

<<Don't tell me this!  :-(   Editing is the hardest thing I do.  There
is no
way I could save everything, but it stil kills me to throw away
something I
"might be able to use someday".  I find my ratio of discards is directly
related to the available light.  When there is almost no light, I am
happy
to get one or two savers on a roll.  Without Leica M's and fast lenses
even
those would be impossible.  The out-of-focus or motion-affected shots
get
thrown out.  If I saved them all, I'd have to build another house!>>

Jerry throws his contact sheets onto a table and spends hours mixing and
matching parts and pieces together.  When he finds a set that 'work'
together he digs out the negs and sets up his multiple englargers, each
with an individual neg in the carrier.
With some prestidigitation blocking, dodging, and setting up- he ends up
with those provocative, interesting images.

Know what you mean about building a separate house to store it all, but
it's a good idea to make some arrangement to save even 'rejects'.
For posterity sake at least.