Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Announces
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:43:57 EDT

Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz> forwards:
> Adobe, Eastman Kodak, and Intel have jointly introduced the Kodak
>    Picture CD, a new Kodak service designed to store digitized versions of
>    photographs taken with a traditional camera and film.

What I don't understand, is how does this affect Kodak's support for
PhotoCD.

When they came out with FlashPix, their story was that FlashPix was for
consumers and that PhotoCD was for professionals.  Now they also have
PictureDisk (very low res) and Picture CD in addition to FlashPix and
PhotoCD.

Is Picture CD multi-resolution?  What is the maximum resolution?  Does
Picture CD support medium-format?  Will PhotoCD services still be available
from Kodak?

I'm confused again.

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@jjd.com